Click here to get 20% off Kitbag products with Sportstation

    Latest Club News
    05 Jun, 2008
    Talybont FC, The Season is over

    Firstly i must apologise at my poor attempt at maintaining Talybont FCs first senior website. I just seemed to give up after christmas, just like some of our players did. I'm sorry.
    Lets take a quick overall look at what happened to the Talybont Tigers this season.
    Both teams had encouraging pre season games, both squads looked strong. But as the season kicked off, things changed.
    Anthony Southgate was player manager for Talybont FC and his first challange was a home game against Bont. Early sings looked good, good pressure resulting in our first goal of the season, then it was down hill all the way. Little did we know the 7-2 thumping by Bont was a sign of things to come. Talybont FC lost their firsr 9 league game, some by embarrassing scores, but the cruellest was the 5-4 away loss to Llanrhystud, a game we should have won. The first win ironically came at home against Llanrhystud, 6-0. Strangly up to that point the firsts had played well and beat some good teams in the cup competitions, one being a good win at Llanybydder, but eventually all those dreams died. Back in the league, a couple of good wins against Llanilar,Bont and U.W.A Res, and a very controversial draw against Aberdyfi saw the tigers move off the bottom. Hope! But hanging on to hope doesn't win games. Loosing the last 3 games and other results going against us (how the hell did U.W.A Res win those last few tough games i wonder) ment that Talybont FC stood at the bottom of the first devision and religated.

    High points- Youngsters Barry Southgate, Sam Penfold and Steve Evans played key roles throughout the season, 16 year old Barry being top scorer. Second team player Carl (corsa) Jenkins stepped up to regularly claim cenrte mid position. 

    Low Points- Anthony struggled to play his best team on a regular basis, let down by injurys and poor excuses the gaps were filled by reserve team playes. 8 goalkeepers used throughout the season. Poor discipline, poor fittness, poor team work, lack of commitment etc........ 


    30 Jan, 2008
    Students Frustrate Talybont

    Studernts are not popular in Talybont at the moment.
    Saturday 26th saw Talybont take on the U.W.A Res in the second round of the League Cup. Many thought the game would be called off due to Blaendolau being under water earlier in the week, but conditions were surprisingly good. Talybont took the lead with a Robbie Southgate header (not sure he knew anything about it, i mean, has anyone ever seen Robbie header the ball, well done Robbie). Talybont seemed to be edging the game and should have been 2 up when the ball seemed to have crossed the U.W.A Res goal line by a matter of feet before it was cleared. Bryn Smith was close to the goal at the time, saw the ball clearly cross the line and was furious that the ref did not allow the goal. Talybont players must have lost concentration with that decision and U.W.A Res took full advantage by immediatly scoring. Gutted. With the game looking like ending in a draw, Talybont hearts were broken by a stunning winner for the students with minutes remaining. Lady luck was not smiling on Talybont today. Final score, U.W.A Res 2 Talybont 1.

    While Talybont were playing the educated ones at blaendolau, Talybont Res were entertaining the third member of the student family, U.W.A 3rds. The Reserve Tigers had been hit again by a shortage of players, only just managing to field 11 players it seemed Talybont Res had an impossible task ahead of them against the young, fast students. Carwyn captained the side for the first time (what a hero) and chose to face the wind. Talybont Res took a while to get into their stride but eventually the home side started to apply some pressure. The Talybont Res defence seemed to be holding off any student attack quit easily until a misjudgment by a centre half resulted in a back pass being picked up by Carl The Keeper. From that free kick, the ball was passed to the edge of the area and the following bullet shot struck the right top corner of the net. As the first half carried on, Talybont Res battled on trying to break down the student defence, but as one of these attacks broke down the opposing goal keeper hoofed the ball route one to the single student striker. The Talybont Res defence were caught knapping, which left a one on one with Carl (wouldn't wish that on anyone), the student cooly slotted the ball passed the on coming keeper to make it 2-0. All seemed lost soon after when the students were given a penalty just before half time, but the cool head of Carl The Keeper chose the right way and saved from the spot kick.
    The second half was more of a battle than a skillful game of footie. The student No2 was lucky to stay on the pitch with two nasty late tackles. Lack of simple passing and possession was Talybont Res's downfall and it was only in the last quarter of the game that the tigers began to roar. One of the twins (god knows which one) managed to pull a goal back which gave the reservres some heart, but it was too little too late.
    Overall, Talybont Res gave 110% but just lacked the cutting edge up front. Final score, Talybont Res 1, U.W.A 3rds 2.

    20 Jan, 2008
    Sorry it's been a while
    Sorry it's been a while since i updated this site, no excuse.
    So what has been happening at Talybont football club. Let us start with the first team.
    An undefeated run in all cup competitions came to an end on 12th January against Dolgellau in the 3rd round of the J. Emrys Morgan Cup. The game being called off 4 times due to bad weather Talybont narrowly lost  2-1 with a weakend side. Previous round wins include 3-2 home against Pencader and 6-2 home against Llandrindod Colts. In the League Cup Talybont beat Aber 3rds 2-1 at home in October. In Cwpan Ceredigion Talybont beat Llanybydder 3-2 away. As for the first devision league game, Talybont still prop up the devision with no win in 9 games, lossing to Penparcau, Dolgellau A.A, U.W.A Res and Aber 3rds

    26 Sep, 2007
    No Points All Round
    Sorry for the lack of news and updates recently, but iv'e been away on holiday. I wonder if anyone actually missed me anyway.
    The reserves were the only Talybont team to play on saturday 15th and a tough game it was too, against our local rivals Bow Street. The result could have gone eather way, but Talybont Reserves were the unfortunate one to come away with no points, losing 3-2.
    Both Talybont teams were playing last saturday, the firsts had an away tester at Aberdyfi and the reserves hosted Penrhyncoch 3rds.
    Talybont had a good first half against Aberdyfi, creating a few chances but unable to finish off. 0-0 half time. Aberdyfi changed their formation in the second half which they benefited from by scoring 2 goals, Talybont were unable to respond. Final score, Aberdyfi 2 - Taltbont 0.
    Haven't heard any gossip about the Reserves game against Penrhyncoch 3rds, only that they lost 4-1.